Opel Accessories & Parts
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- Starting & Charging Parts
- A/C & Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Wipers & Washers
- Exhaust Parts
- Turbochargers & Superchargers
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Automotive Tools
- Oil Change Tools
- Spark Plug & Ignition Tools
- Wheel & Tire Service Tools
- Engine Service Tools
- Brake Service Tools
- Suspension & Steering Service Tools
- Fuel System Service
- Pullers & Installers
- Cooling System Service Tools
- Diagnostic & Testing Tools
- Exhaust System Service Tools
- Lockout Kits
- Transmission Service Tools
- A/C Tools & Equipment
- Electrical System Tools
- Auto Glass Tools
- Automotive Lifts & Stands
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Automotive Paint
- Battery Chargers & Jump Starters
- Dollies & Movers
- Auto Detailing
- Key Cutting Machines
- Service Carts
- Vehicle & Parts Protection
Opel was founded in 1863 in Russelsheim, Hesse, Germany as a manufacturer of sewing machines. Eventually, Opel included bicycles as part of the product line before graduating to motor cars and car parts by the end of the century. Opel's automobiles did not catch on immediately but after obtaining a partnership with Automobiles Darracq S.A., Opel- Darracq models starting being assembled and enjoyed a bit more initial success. These early models used an Opel-constructed body along with a Darracq chassis equipped with a two-cylinder engine. The Opel 4/8 "Doctor's Car" premiered in 1909 and within half a decade helped install Opel as the largest German automaker. Throughout the next twenty years, Opel released several innovative cars, including the two-seat Laubfrosch. GM purchased 80% of Opel in 1929 and took over the remaining 20% just two years later in 1931. World War II put a pause in the company's pursuits with GM undecided on what to do with the marque following the conclusion of the war. GM resumed control of Opel in 1948 with the first postwar model, a redesigned Olympia, being introduced in 1950.
1962 saw the first postwar appearance of the Kadett, Opel's compact family car. The Opel GT premiered in 1967 and quickly became the brand's most aggressive offering. A two-seat coupe featuring a flared-out body-shape, the GT scored pop culture success by appearing on the spy comedy "Get Smart." The 1970s were known for the oil crisis that slowed down the auto industry, but Opel still managed to produce several notable models such as the Admiral B and the Manta, a rear-wheel drive coupe. Opel began to round out its roster even more come the '80s. The Corsa replaced the Kadett as the lineup's subcompact while the Omega got attention right off the bat. Built off of GM's V platform for rear-wheel drive sedans and featuring an attractive overall package, the Omega was voted the 1987 European Car of the Year.
In more recent years, Opel has diversified its lineup even more. During the early-mid 1990s, Opel depended on versatile sedans like the Astra and the Vector B. The Astra was particularly valuable, as it was initially offered as a three or five-door hatchback and wagon while also being available as a sedan or convertible. It is currently built in Poland, Ukraine, the UK, South Africa, China, and Brazil. In 2000, Opel added the Agila to its fleet. The Agila is a super-subcompact designed for heavy urban congestion and is manufactured by the Magyar Suzuki Corporation, a subsidiary of the Japanese brand-name. 2002 welcomed in the Zafira, a stylish minivan equipped with a third row. Other versatile vehicles like the Meriva and the crossover Anatara have strengthened Opel's standing, as well. GM was extremely close to letting go of the Opel marque as recently as the fall of 2009, but has since relented due to the improvement of the automotive climate.
Steeped in tradition, Opel has seen itself morphed into various versions while still finding a way to remain true to its original standards. Perhaps that is why each model is so determined.. Always urbanely styled, each Opel vehicle has its own characteristics that allow for a striking appearance, which helps any additional Opel Accessories and Parts present a package that is completely stunning when put together the right way.
CARiD sees the potential, and wants you to feel comfortable with allowing us to help you along. That's why we're serious about carrying only the top of the line in all Opel parts. The brand-name Opel accessories and parts at the cost you need to dress your model up in your own way can be found in our "Superstore." So get excited. Offering only the best Opel accessories at CARiD.com, we want you to have that feeling. Every single day.
Dress your vehicle up. Keep it running at its peak or unleash its hidden power. Make it look like it just rolled off the show room floor. Take care of it and maintain it. You name it, we've got it. We have gathered everything you need to make your Opel perfect both inside and out. CARiD's job is to meet your every expectation and provide you with quality and durable accessories and parts designed with excellence in mind. Whether you're after luxurious style, brisk performance, or anything in between, our wide assortment covers all the bases.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 09, 2022Shopping Guide - Running BoardsIn this guide, we'll look at the key benefits of running boards, clarify different styles that exist, and help you figure out which ones might add the best looks and...
- November 10, 2021The 2021 CARiD Holiday Gift Guide: Affordable...Do you need a present for someone who is passionate about their ride? Selecting an ideal holiday gift for them can be challenging. Start your shopping excursion by...
- August 17, 2021So You Want To Go Overlanding? Here’s What...About overlanding, it's been said that we travel the trails, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel them, next, to find ourselves. We agree, and it's no secret...
- July 27, 2021Pickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important...If you're in the market for a pickup truck, in addition to color, upholstery, and engine choices, you will need to choose: Two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive? Light...
- December 22, 2020How to Find a Project CarYou've been to the car shows, cruises, and cars and coffee meets, and maybe to the race track; heard all the restoration stories and tales of resto-mod, tuner car, and...
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...