Karma Accessories & Parts
- Engine Service Tools
- Pullers & Installers
- Lockout Kits
- Oil Change Tools
- Spark Plug & Ignition Tools
- Wheel & Tire Service Tools
- Brake Service Tools
- Suspension & Steering Service Tools
- Fuel System Service
- Transmission Service Tools
- Cooling System Service Tools
- A/C Tools & Equipment
- Electrical System Tools
- Diagnostic & Testing Tools
- Exhaust System Service Tools
- Auto Glass Tools
- Automotive Lifts & Stands
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Automotive Paint
- Battery Chargers & Jump Starters
- Dollies & Movers
- Auto Detailing
- Key Cutting Machines
- Service Carts
- Vehicle & Parts Protection
The first mass produced Electric Vehicles (EVs) and Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) were marketed to frugal, environmentally conscious buyers, those who wanted to save money on transportation costs, and be ecologically responsible by driving a vehicle that left a smaller carbon footprint. But when you take the “green” aspects and combine them with electric motors’ performance capabilities and the latest tech features, and package them in a luxuriously appointed, alluring design, then you have a vehicle that appeals to eco-conscious, tech-savvy, luxury car buyers – Tesla’s customers and those who buy hybrids from traditional luxury car makers like Porsche, BMW and Acura. Now eco-friendly car shoppers looking for high-tech performance and luxury have another alternative, the Karma Revero from Karma Automotive.
If the Karma moniker and Revero appearance are familiar, it’s because the car is based on the Fisker Karma, a plug-in hybrid luxury sports sedan that was briefly produced by Fisker Automotive in 2011-2012. The Karma was created by noted automotive designer and company founder Henrik Fisker, who also designed the BMW Z8 and Aston-Martin DB9. The Karma debuted at the 2008 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and entered production in July 2011. It was well-received by the motoring press, selected as Luxury Car of the Year by Top Gear Magazine in December 2011 and winning Automobile Magazine’s 2012 Design of the Year Award. However, after 2 battery recalls A123 Systems, which was the only supplier of the Karma’s lithium-ion battery, declared bankruptcy in October 2012. Without another ready source for batteries, Fisker was forced to end production the following month after approximately 2450 Karmas had been built. Fisker filed bankruptcy in 2013 and its assets were subsequently purchased by Chinese auto parts company Wanxiang Group, who had also purchased A123 Systems.
The assets purchased by Wanxiang included design, the plug-in hybrid powertrain, and a manufacturing plant, but not the Fisker brand, so the company was reformed as Karma Automotive with headquarters in Irvine, California. Senior management includes executives with extensive automotive industry and electric and hybrid vehicle development and manufacturing experience. Although there are plans for other vehicles, including a less expensive electric car, at present the Revero, which is built in a factory in Moreno Valley, California, is the company’s sole product. The exterior and interior of the Revero are basically the same as its Karma predecessor. Karma Automotive’s mission was to take what was already an essentially good design and make improvements in areas where needed, such as with the improved battery pack.
The Revero’s appearance was not altered with good reason; it’s a sleek, curvaceous, low-slung sports car with a 0.313 drag coefficient and a profile and proportions that would do justice to a coupe – not something many 4-door sedans can pull off. The Revero is a plug-in series hybrid with 2 AC permanent magnet electric motors powering the rear wheels through a limited slip differential. Together they produce 403 horsepower and 981 pound feet of torque. The 21.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack runs down the center of the car in what resembles a traditional RWD gas-engine car’s driveshaft tunnel. On electric power alone the car can be driven up to 50 miles, then the 235 horsepower 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine engages to generate electricity for the electric motors. With its 9.5 gallon fuel tank the Revero’s total range is 300 miles.
Battery replenishment is accomplished in a number of ways. Charging Level I using the Revero’s on-board 6.6kW charger connected to a typical 120V home outlet takes 10 hours. Charging Level II with 240 volts at 32 amps drops the time to full charge to 3 hours. Charging Level III with an off-board 40kW DC/DC, 480 volts at 110 amps, quick-charging station, will bring the battery to 80% capacity in only 24 minutes. The regenerative braking system helps recharge the battery while slowing the car, and the Revero’s unique solar roof panel helps recharge both the 12 volt battery and the high-voltage battery. The driver can select from 3 driving modes: Sport, Stealth, and Sustain. Sport delivers the best performance with 5.4 second 0-60 and 14.5 second quarter mile times and a 125 mph top speed. Stealth is all electric and ideal for driving in areas like city centers that may have restrictions on internal combustion engines, and Sustain runs the gas engine generator to preserve the battery’s charge level.
With its lightweight, strong aluminum spaceframe construction, and centrally-mounted battery pack that provides a low center of gravity and near 50/50 weight distribution, the Revero delivers exceptional handling and responsiveness. It features 4-wheel SLA (Short-Long-Arm) and auto-leveling coilover independent suspension and electro-hydraulic rack-and-pinion steering with variable ratio power assist. 4-wheel anti-lock Brembo disc brakes with 6-piston front and 4-piston rear calipers and 3-mode regenerative braking system handle the stopping chores. The Revero rolls on 255/35R22 or 245/40R21 summer or 255/40R21 winter tires up front and 285/35R22 or 265/40R21 summer or 265/40R21 winter tires in the rear.
The Revero is available in 8 different exterior colors, and it has 2 standard and 2 optional wheel designs and 1 standard and 5 optional caliper colors. Optional caliper colors come with 2-piece front rotors. The exterior also features bi-xenon headlights with automatic washers. Standard black or tan interior shades are supplemented by 4 optional 2-tone interior choices with leather surfaces and wood or carbon fiber trim. The well-appointed cabin is illuminated with LED lights and driver and passenger comfort are ensured with 6-way power front and multi-level heated front and rear seats, dual-zone climate control, multi-function steering wheel controls, and a programmable easy entry and electronic tilt and telescoping column. The dash features a 12.3 inch digital instrument cluster that is configurable by the driver, and 10.2 inch touchscreen infotainment system with climate control, audio, navigation, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The 275 watt audio system has 8 speakers and a subwoofer. Safety features include 8 airbags, audible pedestrian warning, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, backup camera, and parking assist.
Dress your vehicle up. Keep it running at its peak or unleash its hidden power. Make it look like it just rolled off the show room floor. Take care of it and maintain it. You name it, we've got it. We have gathered everything you need to make your Karma perfect both inside and out. CARiD's job is to meet your every expectation and provide you with quality and durable accessories and parts designed with excellence in mind. Whether you're after luxurious style, brisk performance, or anything in between, our wide assortment covers all the bases.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 09, 2022Shopping Guide - Running BoardsIn this guide, we'll look at the key benefits of running boards, clarify different styles that exist, and help you figure out which ones might add the best looks and...
- November 10, 2021The 2021 CARiD Holiday Gift Guide: Affordable...Do you need a present for someone who is passionate about their ride? Selecting an ideal holiday gift for them can be challenging. Start your shopping excursion by...
- August 17, 2021So You Want To Go Overlanding? Here’s What...About overlanding, it's been said that we travel the trails, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel them, next, to find ourselves. We agree, and it's no secret...
- July 27, 2021Pickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important...If you're in the market for a pickup truck, in addition to color, upholstery, and engine choices, you will need to choose: Two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive? Light...
- December 22, 2020How to Find a Project CarYou've been to the car shows, cruises, and cars and coffee meets, and maybe to the race track; heard all the restoration stories and tales of resto-mod, tuner car, and...
- October 05, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Exhaust SystemsWhether you need an exhaust system because your vehicle`s old pipes have rusted through or become damaged, or you simply want a better one to boost engine performance...
- August 07, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Tires?Tires exist for every variation of automotive use imaginable. For example, there are tires tailored to everyday passenger car use, racing, off-roading, commercial...
- July 05, 2018When Is It Time To Replace My Shock Absorbers?Shock absorbers are suspension components that dampen and halt the up-and-down movement of your vehicle`s springs. If these control devices weren`t part of the...
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It`s how you feel what`s happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 15, 2018Shopping Guide - Custom & Factory HeadlightsIf the front of your vehicle is its "face", then the headlamps are its "eyes". Everyone notices them. One of the most distinctive changes you can make to the face of...
- May 22, 2017High-End Audio Demands Its Own Battery SourceWhen you`re driving and headlights start to dim because a high-powered stereo is cranking, that means the deep bass you hear is causing total vehicle electrical draw...