Performance Air Intake Systems
- Torxe™ Engine Air FilterEngine Air Filter by Torxe™. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an...High quality at an affordable priceExpertly made from premium materials$15.75 - $24.00
- K&N® 33 Series Panel Air Filter33 Series Panel Air Filter by K&N®. K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. K&N makes over 1,200 different replacement air filters for the majority of...Designed to boost horsepower and rate of accelerationCan be cleaned and used again$16.99 - $179.99
- K&N® 57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit57 Series Generation II Air Intake Kit by K&N®. This kit improves airflow into your engine. It includes a K&N air filter and a custom designed air intake tube. The K&N filter increases the airflow and the intake tube smoothes that...$229.99 - $999.99Save: up to 22%$129.99 - $949.99
- K&N® 69 Series Cold Air Typhoon™ Intake Kit69 Series Cold Air Typhoon™ Intake Kit by K&N®. Improve airflow and increase horsepower on your vehicle. This intake kit is available in various finishes and configurations. It replaces the factory air intake system with a free...$399.99 - $699.99Save: up to 13%$299.99 - $649.99
- Injen® SP Series Short Ram Intake SystemSP Series Short Ram Intake System by Injen®. The Short Ram SP Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air filter...$264.95 - $807.95
- aFe® Stage 2 Cold Air Intake SystemStage 2 Cold Air Intake System by aFe®. The aFe Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System replaces your entire factory air intake system with a large high-flow aFe air filter, open element airbox/heat shield and a smoothly contoured, less...A lightweight high-gloss twill weave carbon fiber tube directs filtered air from the air filter to the engine and eliminates the factory sound chamber. It's computer designed and tested to increase air flow, while also reducing weight and enhancing the visual appearance of the engine bay. It features a billet aluminum fitting for the OE vent hose and a built-in resonance chamber to reduce unwanted air intake noise without eliminating its deep tone.The included massive air filter is surrounded by a lightweight 5052-H32 aluminum, black powder-coated heat shield that helps reduce the intake of hot air from the engine compartment for maximum performance.$275.10 - $1,156.05
- Injen® SP Series Cold Air Intake SystemSP Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The SP Series Cold Air Intake System is made for the enthusiast who wants maximum horsepower from a tuned cold air intake system. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter behind...$240.95 - $766.95
- K&N® 77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit77 Series High-Flow Performance Air Intake Kit by K&N®. The K&N high-flow performance air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing on...Guaranteed to increase horsepowerDesigned to improve throttle response and engine sound$399.99 - $549.99Save: up to 13%$349.99 - $549.99
- K&N® 63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit63 Series Aircharger Intake Kit by K&N®. Increased airflow and air volume into your engine results in more horsepower and torque, and better acceleration you can feel. This air intake kit is designed to maximize airflow and engine...$279.99 - $999.99Save: up to 18%$199.99 - $949.99
- AEM Intakes® Cold Air Intake SystemCold Air Intake System by AEM Intakes®. To deliver cooler air to the engine, this air intake system places the air filter outside the engine compartment. Cooler air is denser than warm air and so contains more oxygen, which results in...$249.99 - $649.99Save: up to 20%$49.99 - $599.99
- aFe® Momentum® GT Cold Air Intake SystemMomentum® GT Cold Air Intake System by aFe®. A custom CAD designed roto-molded housing made from heat resistant material eliminates the use of multiple components and ensures the coolest air intake charge available. A large clear sight...High Quality One-Piece Roto-Molded Sealed Housing with Auxiliary Air InletCAD-Designed Roto-Molded Intake Tube$374.85 - $1,626.45
- Takeda® Retain Stage 2 Short Ram Intake SystemRetain Stage 2 Short Ram Intake System by Takeda®. Improve your car's performance and enhance the appearance of your engine bay with the Takeda Retain Short Ram Air Intake System. This system will increase airflow to your engine with...$272.55 - $525.55
- Spectre Performance® Air Intake KitAir Intake Kit by Spectre Performance®. Give your engine a full dose of cool air when it needs it. Replace your restrictive air box and filter element with this polished aluminum tubing and lifetime cleanable low-restriction air filter.$199.99 - $249.99
- HPS® Shortram Air Intake SystemShortram Air Intake System by HPS®. Built for performance and show, HPS Polish post MAF Short Ram air intake pipe offers a free-flowing mandrel-bent aluminum tube induction system designed to produce dyno proven performance gains...Traps dirt up to 5 microns. Superior airflow without sacrificing filtrationWashable and reusable, saving you money down the line$159.60 - $513.00
- JET® Mass Air Flow SensorMass Air Flow Sensor by JET®. JET Powr-Flo Mass Airflow Sensors will increase your engine's horsepower, low-end torque, and mileage by replacing the restrictive stock MAF sensor which limits your aftermarket cold air intake system's...Engineered to help upgrade your vehicle’s power and overall performanceManufactured from high-grade materials for long-lasting service in various conditions$119.62 - $337.49
- Injen® IS Air IntakesIS Air Intakes by Injen®. The IS Series is a traditional, underhood air intake system that takes the place of your factory airbox and air filter, and the factory air intake tube. The EA Nanofiber air filter allows increased airflow and...Improves airflow into the engineIncreases horsepower$209.95 - $419.95
- Weapon-R® Secret Weapon Short Ram Air Intake SystemSecret Weapon Short Ram Air Intake System by Weapon-R®. The Secret Weapon Air Intake System uses patented technology to feed the engine 3 times as much air as other systems. As a result, engine performance is increased more than with...Patented technology increases airflow 3 times more than conventional systemsEach system is tuned to maximize engine performance output$218.00 - $487.00
- Weapon-R® Dragon IntakesDragon Intakes by Weapon-R®. Weapon-R Intake Systems are CNC Mandrel Bent out of 6061 aluminum, and then Hand Tig Welded to ensure a positive seal and proper fitment. Each one of their intake systems is carefully tuned, by matching the...Custom designed and engineered for each applicationEach system is tuned to maximize engine performance output$142.00 - $378.00
- K&N® Air FilterAir Filter by K&N®. K&N's Universal Air Filters are designed and manufactured for a wide variety of applications including racing vehicles, radio-controlled cars, generators, snowmobiles, tractors, and other applications. Regardless of...Designed to increase horsepower and accelerationHigh air flow with excellent filtration$29.99 - $219.99
- K&N® Round Tapered Air FilterRound Tapered Air Filter by K&N®. K&N's Universal Air Filters are designed and manufactured for a wide variety of applications including racing vehicles, radio-controlled cars, generators, snowmobiles, tractors, and other applications....Designed to increase horsepower and accelerationHigh air flow with excellent filtration$49.99 - $179.99
- K&N® Round Tapered Red Air FilterRound Tapered Red Air Filter by K&N®. K&N's Universal Air Filters are designed and manufactured for a wide variety of applications including racing vehicles, radio-controlled cars, generators, snowmobiles, tractors, and other...Designed to increase horsepower and accelerationHigh air flow with excellent filtration$79.99
- Volant® Cold Air Intake System with Pro 5 FilterCold Air Intake System with Pro 5 Filter by Volant®. Cooler air is denser and packs in more oxygen for better combustion and more horsepower. This air intake system features an airbox that completely insulates the air filter from engine...Protective and insulating AirboxQuicker throttle response$231.90 - $481.90
- Injen® Evo Series Cold Air Rotomolded Induction SystemEvo Series Cold Air Rotomolded Induction System by Injen®. The Injen Evolution Air Induction System is a dyno-tuned intake system that's designed to enhance air flow for maximum horsepower and torque gains on your truck. Designed using...$319.95 - $771.95
- Injen® SuperNano-Web™ Round Tapered Blue Air FilterSuperNano-Web™ Round Tapered Blue Air Filter by Injen®. With a rich history in racing and the street performance, Injen Technology has proven itself as a leader in filtration engineering and technology. Lab tested and race proven,...Direct Fit for many Injen intakes and/or universal applicationsFully serviceable Injen SuperNano-Web dry air filter$71.95 - $100.95
- aFe® Direct Fit Magnum Flow™ Pro Dry S Panel Air FilterDirect Fit Magnum Flow™ Pro Dry S Panel Air Filter by aFe®. Constructed with 100% polyurethane on all four sides, "oil free" OE replacement performance filter will outflow the stock filter by up to 44% for improved horsepower and...Robust and long-lasting constructionGuaranteed to ensure a perfect fit and effortless installation$50.84 - $236.25
- Corsa® Air Intake SystemAir Intake System by Corsa®. Make your engine function at its full efficiency by choosing from our comprehensive selection of top-grade performance air intake parts. Crafted by the industry-leading professionals who use the most...$312.99 - $869.99
- K&N® E Series Air FilterE Series Air Filter by K&N®. K&N's replacement air filters are designed to increase horsepower and acceleration while providing excellent filtration. K&N makes over 1,200 different replacement air filters for the majority of vehicles on...Designed to boost horsepower and rate of accelerationCan be cleaned and used again$44.99 - $449.99
- AEM Intakes® Unique DryFlow Air FilterUnique DryFlow Air Filter by AEM Intakes®. AEM Intakes DryFlow Air Filters are washable synthetic air filters designed for an optimum combination of air flow, filtration, and performance. AEM Intakes DryFlow filters use an innovative...Designed to increase horsepower and throttle responseAEM Intakes Air Filters are cleanable and reusable for the life of your vehicle$29.99 - $89.99
- aFe® Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake SystemStage 2 Si Cold Air Intake System by aFe®. The aFe Stage 2 Si Cold Air Intake System replaces your entire factory air intake system with a large high-flow aFe air filter, a totally enclosed airbox and a smoothly contoured, less...$354.20 - $863.10
- Injen® RD Series Cold Air Intake SystemRD Series Cold Air Intake System by Injen®. The RD Series is made for the enthusiast who wants improved mid-range power. This cold air system positions a high-flow air filter behind the bumper, where it can take in cooler, denser air....$338.95 - $420.95
One of the easiest ways to get more power from your engine is to dump the OE air filter and air intake system and replace them with high-flow aftermarket parts. Factory systems are designed with priorities other than performance, like low intake noise and cost. As a result, most vehicles come from the factory with restrictive air boxes and intake tubes, and cheap paper air filters. Choose a system from our vast selection and make your engine come alive.
An inexpensive way to start is just by replacing that paper air filter. It filters the air OK, but the small passages are very restrictive, and as dirt builds up, flow gets even worse. A typical aftermarket performance air filter has several layers of filtration material like cotton gauze, which traps dirt without restricting airflow. What’s more, aftermarket filters can be cleaned and reused, so you get increased engine power and save money to boot.
But to really get an increase in airflow, you need to increase the size of the air filter. The typical conical air filter that is included with an aftermarket performance air intake is not only made of better material, it is larger and has much greater surface area than the OE filter, for much greater airflow. An economical way to get the benefits of a larger filter is with one of our kits that attaches the filter to a flexible, universal intake tube, or attaches it to the factory air intake tube. The next step up to greater airflow is to replace that restrictive OE air intake tube.
Most factory air intake tubes are constructed with the goal of keeping air intake roar to a minimum. They usually have awkward bends and have sound baffles, which may reduce noise but can also restrict airflow. Aftermarket intake tubes are constructed from mandrel-bent aluminum or molded polyethylene, with larger diameters and smoother bends, for better airflow to the throttle body. And if you’re a hot rodder, you’ll consider the increased intake noise music to your ears when you stomp on the gas. A basic performance air intake will replace the factory air box and air intake tube, and install in approximately the same location.
The next step to more power is to feed the engine cooler air, which is denser and contains more oxygen, for better combustion. We offer systems that employ varying methods to shield the filter from engine heat so it can take in cooler air. Some systems have barriers that seal against the hood, to separate the filter from engine heat. We also have systems with an air box, which not only shields the filter from heat, but is much larger than the OE unit so it can hold a much larger filter. For exposure to the coldest air, some systems locate the air filter outside the engine bay, or use a scoop to funnel air to the filter.
To get the most horsepower, airflow should be increased all the way to the cylinder head intake ports, and we have the performance MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensors and throttle bodies, and high performance intake manifolds to make it happen. Our MAF sensors are not only larger in diameter to pass more air, but they’re also calibrated to ensure the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) gets an accurate signal so it can properly control the air/fuel ratio. And whatever your engine’s state of tune, from mildly hopped-up street machine to an all-out track beast, we have the right size throttle bodies to increase airflow and horsepower, and provide crisp throttle response.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- November 18, 2021The New Integra - Did Acura Do This Legend...I had the good fortune to drive a new Acura Integra as a company car. “My” Integra had a DOHC engine, 4-wheel discs, and a sunroof, all of which were lacking in...
- August 12, 2021The Real Cost of Your Car’s Cheap Factory Air...In today's world, saving money wherever possible has become essential. But it's important not to lose sight of the fact that, sometimes, a product that costs more up...
- July 27, 2021Pickup Truck Cab And Bed Sizes Are Important...If you're in the market for a pickup truck, in addition to color, upholstery, and engine choices, you will need to choose: Two-wheel-drive or four-wheel-drive? Light...
- December 18, 2018Repair vs Performance Parts | Intake Manifolds...In this guide, we'll look at role intake manifolds and carburetors play as part of your vehicle's air intake system, and examine how "replacement" (OE factory style)...
- December 11, 2015Can an Air Intake System also Increase My Fuel...We all know that achieving better fuel economy while driving puts money back in your pocket and does the environment a favor. But for those who are actively interested...
- November 20, 2015My Car is Brand New | Why Should I Change My...Aftermarket air intake systems have become one of the most popular engine modifications available for late model cars and trucks. An easy question to ask is why are...
- November 19, 2015What are the Different Types of Air Intake...There are many types of aftermarket air intake systems that range from simple and inexpensive to elaborate. In the scope of this article, we`ll examine the different...